Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Day 13

{I thought I was going to get caught up on Monday but this topic just takes too much thinking on! So here's Monday's post on Tuesday, and hopefully I will stay caught up!}

Day 13 - A picture of your favorite band or artist.

I have said on many occasions how much I love music, it's pretty much the center of my sanity and I really can't pinpoint a "favorite" band or artist! I love so much music that picking just one song or one artist or one band becomes sort of a chore for me. So I will post a few pictures, just to give you an idea of who I like in what categories.

Bands

                       Country--
I am completely IN LOVE with these three people. Three albums in, and they have yet to do anything wrong. They have the most amazing harmonies and almost all of their songs are songs that they have written themselves. I find that I am drawn to those who can write their own songs, and sing them. There is not one song on any of the three albums that I don't love. It wasn't an easy task for Lady Antebellum to make it onto my list of "favorites", I almost didn't give them a chance at all. I loved Rascal Flatts for years, and the thought of giving someone else a chance to live in their light just wouldn't do for me. That was until I heard them sing "I Run to You", and one song was all it took for me to be completely in love with their music and curious to see what else they could do. I just don't see them going wrong anytime in the near future!

 Contemporary Christian--
There are many groups that I have grown fond of in the last few months. I have spent many years in the fall away, not living for Christ or even thanking him for what he has done for me. This past year has brought so many trials and tribulations for me, and has brought me to a divide in life. This fork in the road had ultimately lead me on a path closer to my Lord and I can't be more pleased with the newfound relationship I have with Him! I am so blessed. Some of my favorites from SiriusXM's The Message are: Third Day, Mercy Me, The Afters, Sanctus Real, Sidewalk Prophets, and Kutless... that's just to name a few. I believe though that my absolute favorite to listen to are 
They have such amazing songs and they are very cathartic and have an enormous healing power for the soul. My favorite song by them is I Will Praise You In This Storm. This song has such a powerful message, and I wouldn't be able to say it better. I will praise Him through all my storms because he is good all the time!


Artists


This blog is turning out to be a lot longer than I planned, so I am just going to post pictures of my favorite artists and try to not write anything else.

Country--
The King of Country, George Strait

The Queen of Country, Reba McEntire

And the absolutely lovely, Jason Aldean!



Contemporary Christian--
Brandon Heath
I have loved him for many many years and he just
keeps getting better.


Heather Williams, love her





No comments: